13th Nov 2021 12:00pm-5:30pm & 20th Nov 2021 12:00pm-5:30pm [2 x Saturdays]
Make your own Elevation Tote in our Brunswick based atelier where you will be guided through the steps by Simone in small class sizes. All materials and tools are provided.
Simone exclusively uses vegetable tanned kangaroo leather [tanned with plants vs chemicals], which is considered to be the most eco-friendly & humane source of leather available today. Read more on this here. Vegetable tanned leather will age with you, adding uniqueness to the finished piece as you use it, telling a story of who you are as time goes on. Simone believes that adding sentiment to products is what encourages people cherish them for longer, keeping things out of landfill and hopefully passed onto loved ones.
There's more to learn about sustainability in fashion and consuming leather products, all of which you'll hear about in the workshops.
Know someone who would love to learn leathercraft too? Order 2 x or more tickets and get 5% off for sharing the love. Discount applied automatically at the checkout.
We personalise your project with your name, or unique phrase to make it more unique to you. Your personalisation can be up to 12 characters long, and will be foil embossed in gold foil matching the metal colour of the zip on the purse.
Use the text box on this page to let us know your personal message.
what you will learn
- The assembly process for a finished leather tote.
- Saddle stitching (a super strong hand sewing technique using two-needles).
- How to sew in a pocket.
- Burnishing leather edges.
what you will get
- A personalised leather tote bag, in your chosen colour that you made yourself!
- Size of the finished bag is 33cm x 33cm x 10cm. Will fit A4, a drink bottle, headphones, and all your daily essentials.
- As per images, bags can be worn triangular or square depending on the look you prefer.
when & where
- all workshops take place in our Brunswick atelier
7-11 Dawson Street Brunswick, enter through Melbourne Artists' Supplies.
- this course goes over 2 x consecutive Saturdays:
13th Nov 2021 12:00pm-5:30pm & 20th Nov 2021 12:00pm-5:30pm
- please bring water bottles to stay hydrated and light refreshments in case you need throughout the day.
who this is for
- this workshop is designed for people with some experience in either leathercraft or hand sewing.
- people interested in sustainable fashion & bag making.
Read our refund policy on Studio Workshops here.
Learn how to care for your leather bag here.