As part of our new Made From Home project series, say hello to the elevation tote, a project more suited to those looking to step up from our beginner workshops.
The online tutorials are demonstrated by simétrie founder Simone Agius, where you will be guided through the step-by-step process in making your elevation tote from home.
All materials are provided in this Leather Kit and you can also purchase a Tool Kit if you don't already have basic leather tools. All tools are reusable to continue your love affair with leathercraft once you complete your first project.
Simone exclusively uses vegetable tanned kangaroo leather [tanned with plants vs chemicals], which is considered to be the most eco-friendly & humane source of leather available today. Read more on this here. Vegetable tanned leather will age with you, adding uniqueness to the finished piece as you use it, telling a story of who you are as time goes on. Simone believes that adding sentiment to products is what encourages people cherish them for longer, keeping things out of landfill and hopefully passed onto loved ones.
Personalise your Made From Home project with your name, or unique phrase to make it more unique to you. Your personalisation can be up to 12 characters long, and will be foil embossed in gold foil.
Use the text box on this page to let us know your personal message.
what you will learn
- The assembly process for a finished leather tote.
- Saddle stitching (a super strong hand sewing technique using two-needles).
- How to sew in a pocket.
- Burnishing leather edges.
what you will get
- Online video demonstration to complete your leatherwork project.
- Pre-cut vegetable tanned kangaroo leather pieces, with pre-made stitching holes to begin your leatherwork project.
- Coordinating linen thread & two needles.
- A personalised leather tote bag, in your chosen colour that you made from home!
- Size of the finished bag is 33cm x 33cm x 10cm. Will fit A4, a drink bottle, headphones, and all your daily essentials.
- As per images, bag can be worn triangular or square depending on your mood.
Made From Home leather kits are made-to-order in batches. Find out more.
The Online Video Tutorial for this Leather Kit is here.
Do you need a tool kit? Order one here.
Read our returns policy on Made From Home leather kits here.
Learn how to care for your new leather bag here.