Over a 4 hour class you will be guided through the production of your very own leather framed mirror charm. Simétrie classes are practical and fun, with design and production theory weaved in. A stylish, yet functional, Full Moon Mirror Charm will be made by you, for you.
cut the leather, prepare the cork interlining, place the mirror & hand stitch the perimeter
personalise your own charm, apply the rivet & the clasp to finish
take home a self-made mirror charm
March 2020 course (2-Saturdays) $400
Sat 21st 12:30-5pm & Sat 28th 12:30-5pm
xs crescent moon
available in all our leather colours
m crescent moon
available in all our leather colours
add it to your bag
the Full Moon Mirror Charm looks good hanging from your bag - & keeps you looking good too.
what you will learn
- The assembly process for a finished leather good and various leather finishes
- Attaching a metal rivet
- Saddle stitching (a super strong hand sewing technique)
- How to use an embossing machine to personalise your leather good
- How to use cork as a reinforcement material for leather goods
- Burnishing leather edges
- Sustainability in leather goods
what you will get
- Learn skills in the craft of leatherwork
- A self-made Full Moon Mirror Bag Charm in your chosen leather colour, personalised with your name
- Info + a sewing kit to take home so you can continue channelling your inner bag-maker
- A new found appreciation for how quality goods are made
Full Moon Mirror Charm info
- Australian vegetable tanned kangaroo leather
- Linen threads
- Gold-tone zinc alloy hardware
- Small hand mirror, also decorative, able to hang from a metal ring on your bag
- Designed in Melbourne, Australia
- Size: 8cm x 12cm
read what our students say about us
Bec, November 2019 >
What a fantastic day. Simone is a natural teacher. Very attentive and thorough with her instructions making something which is a challenge easy. I’m proud of the wallet I made and show it off as much as I can. I’m looking forward to next year and attending another of her classes.
Tia, October 2019 >
Loved taking part in this workshop. Came out with new skills and a bag that I'm proud of. Simone is a wonderful instructor and very knowledgable. I also love the thought and attention to detail she puts into her pieces.
Pinar, July 2019 >
I completed the crescent moon clutch workshop over two Saturdays and it was fantastic! It felt great to have a creative outlet and make something beautiful from scratch. Simone is a very creative, talented and patient teacher and runs through each step clearly. I was so happy with my creation and have been using it as a handbag daily.
Emily, June 2019 >
After changing to a desk job I had been craving creativity and being able to make something with my hands! The Simetrie crescent moon leather workshop satisfied this desire with a perfectly curated workshop. Easy to follow steps and clear guidance that left me with my own unique piece :-) I would definitely recommend this workshop to anyone who is keen to “make” and would be suitable to any skill level.
Romina, June 2019 >
I did the accelerated (2 day) workshop in June and had an amazing time! It's glaringly obvious that Simone knows an absolute heap about leather and has a stack of experience. I was super nervous at the start (not very creative or great with my hands…) but over time—and Simone’s teachings and patience with me—I felt like I found my confidence and that the flow came naturally! I highly recommend this workshop to anyone who is interested in learning a new skill. The end product is high quality and super functional, and I couldn’t be prouder of my new little pouch that *I* made!!
Harriet, May 2019 >
Fantastic workshop! I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 afternoons with Simone. It was a great introduction into working with leather and providing the skills to go onto fulfill many other projects. The final bag looks very professional and I have already received many compliments. I would highly recommend the workshop to anyone interested in leatherwork or who has a general design interest. Simone is very knowledgeable about the leather industry and production and even helped me with my own projects. I look forward to doing further workshops in the future.
Gina, March 2019 >
I cannot rave enough about this course! Simone has designed a bag that allows a novice to become accomplished at hand-sewing, inserting a zip, adding a tab and a rivet, and the myriad subtle craft skills (such as skiving, burnishing, wetting and oiling) that make the finished bag look truly professional. The classes are great fun and completely absorbing. With small numbers and enough tools for everyone, you work at your own pace with Simone's constant attention, advice and encouragement. And you get to take home a seriously stylish bag .... and a million ideas for new projects with your new skills.
Maddison, January 2019 >
I had an amazing three days creating my crescent moon pouch. Simone provided all of the tools and leather I needed to make my pouch. I was able learn the basics of cutting, stitching, adding rivets as well as embossing. Simone was very knowledgeable about the different types of leather and their uses. I can’t thank her enough for sharing her time, tools and materials. She was extremely kind and patient. I look forward to doing future workshops with her.
Greg, January 2019 >
Simone was an excellent teacher of exceptional experience in leather work- small through to industrial. She was able to instruct us through the standard and tricky parts of the project without difficulty. The time was filled up, but there was enough time to complete the steps without being rushed. We got tips & tricks in leather work, and were able to discuss different projects and the design and manufacture aspects. Overall, 3 Saturday afternoons well spent! A course worth doing for anyone with a design/fashion interest, or (like myself) just an interest in leatherwork. All you need to bring is some curiosity & motivation!
workshop refund policy
- Cancellations made with less than 7 days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid workshop fee. In this instance rescheduling to another course date is encouraged. Every effort will be made to make any exceptions or rescheduling requested with less than 7 days notice although it will be dependent on available time and materials in the given notice period.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full workshop fee paid.
- If for any reason a participant cannot attend any one of the workshops reimbursement cannot be made for that session. Materials and further instruction will be provided for the participant to catch up or complete the course.
- Transfers of the entire course to another participant is acceptable and encouraged.