A custom one-day private workshop hosted by Simétrie founder Simone Agius, where you will be guided through a leather-craft tutorial to make the product of your choice.
All materials and tools are provided; you will also be provided with a take-home sewing kit to ensure you are able to continue your love affair with leather after the classes are over.
Simone exclusively uses vegetable tanned kangaroo leather [tanned with plants vs chemicals], which is considered to be the most eco-friendly & humane source of leather available today. Vegetable tanned leather will age with you, adding uniqueness to the finished piece as you use it, telling a story of who you are as time goes on. Simone believes that adding sentiment to products is what encourages people cherish them for longer, keeping things out of landfill and hopefully passed onto loved ones.
There's more to learn about sustainability in fashion and consuming leather products, all of which you'll hear about in the workshops.
Custom private classes need to be discussed on email prior to ensure you are purchasing the correct timeframe for your custom project, so please get in touch with Simone prior to booking.
what you will learn
- The assembly process for a finished leather good and various leather finishes
- Saddle stitching (a super strong hand sewing technique)
- How to use an embossing machine to personalise your leather good
- Sustainability in leather goods
Please note: leather & lining materials will be pre-cut and pre-skived ready for you to start working.
what you will get
- 1:1 hands-on tuition to gain skills in the craft of leatherwork
- A self-made custom product in your chosen leather colour, personalised with your name or nickname
- A sewing kit to take home so you can continue channelling your inner leather-crafts-person
- A new found appreciation for how quality goods are made
custom workshop refund policy
- Please ensure you are purchasing the correct course length for your project by confirming on email with Simone prior to making payment.
- Cancellations made with less than 7 days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 100% of the paid workshop fee. In this instance rescheduling to another course date is encouraged. Every effort will be made to make any exceptions or rescheduling requested with less than 7 days notice although it will be dependent on available time and materials in the given notice period.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to class commencement will forfeit 50% of the workshop fee paid.
- Any cancellations before 14 days will receive the full refund.
- If for any reason a participant cannot attend any one of the workshops reimbursement cannot be made for that session. Materials and further instruction will be provided for the participant to catch up or complete the course.
- Transfers of the entire course to another participant is acceptable and encouraged.