made by you
As part of our new Made From Home project series, say hello to the xs moon coin purse, perfect for all leathercraft beginners.
You will be guided by simétrie founder Simone Agius, through the step-by-step process in making your own xs moon coin purse from home.
all materials provided
All materials are provided in this Leather Kit and you can also purchase a Tool Kit if you don't already have basic leather tools. All tools are reusable to continue your love affair with leathercraft once you complete your first project.
eco-friendly & humanely sourced leather
Simone exclusively uses vegetable tanned kangaroo leather [tanned with plants vs chemicals], which is considered to be the most eco-friendly & humane source of leather available today. Read more on this here.
Vegetable tanned leather will age with you, adding uniqueness to the finished piece as you use it, telling a story of who you are as time goes on. Australian kangaroos are wild animals so you may notice some slight blemishes, and the vegetable tanned nature of the hides will cause lighter coloured leathers to darken over time.
Simone believes that adding sentiment to products is what encourages people to cherish them for longer, keeping things out of landfill and hopefully passed onto loved ones.
what you will learn
- The assembly process for a finished leather good.
- Saddle stitching (a super strong hand sewing technique using two-needles).
- How to insert a zipper with a leather facing.
- Burnishing leather edges.
what you will get
- Online video demonstration to complete your leatherwork project.
- Pre-cut vegetable tanned kangaroo leather pieces, with pre-made stitching holes to begin your leatherwork project.
- Coordinating linen thread, two needles, and metal/cotton zipper with simétrie zipper puller.
- A personalised leather bag, in your chosen colour that you made from home!
- Size of the finished bag is 17cm x 10.5cm, designed to hold your cash, coins and cards.
- This is more like a wallet size, the smaller bag in the images.
Personalise your Made From Home project with your name, or unique phrase to make it more unique to you. Your personalisation can be up to 12 characters long, and will be foil embossed in gold foil matching the metal colour of the zip on the purse.
Use the text box on this page to let us know your personal message.
How long does it take to create? Approx 4-6 hours.
Is this Leather Kit beginner friendly? Yes.
Where is the Online Video Tutorial for this Leather Kit? Find it here.
Do I need tools to make this? Yes you do, if you don't already own basic leather tools, order one of our Tool Kits here.
Can I return my MFH Kit? Read our returns policy on Made From Home leather kits here.
How do I care for my Leather Kit designs? Find out how here.