29 Jan 2022, 1:00pm-5:00pm, Saturday
Make your own XS Moon Coin Purse in our Brunswick based atelier where you will be guided through the steps by Simone in small class sizes. All materials and tools are provided.
Simone exclusively uses vegetable tanned kangaroo leather [tanned with plants vs chemicals], which is considered to be the most eco-friendly & humane source of leather available today. Read more on this here. Vegetable tanned leather will age with you, adding uniqueness to the finished piece as you use it, telling a story of who you are as time goes on. Simone believes that adding sentiment to products is what encourages people cherish them for longer, keeping things out of landfill and hopefully passed onto loved ones.
There's more to learn about sustainability in fashion and consuming leather products, all of which you'll hear about in the workshops.
Know someone who would love to learn leathercraft too? Order 2 x or more tickets and get 5% off for sharing the love. Discount applied automatically at the checkout.
We personalise your project with your name, or unique phrase to make it more unique to you. Your personalisation can be up to 12 characters long, and will be foil embossed in gold foil matching the metal colour of the zip on the purse.
Use the text box on this page to let us know your personal message.
what you will learn
- The assembly process for a finished leather good.
- Saddle stitching (a super strong hand sewing technique using two-needles).
- How to insert a zipper with a leather facing.
- Burnishing leather edges.
what you will get
- A personalised leather bag, in your chosen leather colour that you made with your own two hands!
- Leather pieces are pre-cut and ready for you to start assembling.
XS Moon Coin Purse
Size of the finished bag is 17cm x 10.5cm, designed to hold your cash, coins and cards.
when & where
- all workshops take place in our Brunswick atelier.
7-11 Dawson Street Brunswick, enter through Melbourne Artists' Supplies.
- 29 Jan 2022, 1:00pm-5:00pm, Saturday
- please bring a water bottle to stay hydrated and light refreshments in case you need throughout the duration of the course.
who this is for
- everyone is welcome.
- this workshop is designed for the ultimate beginner, no leather or sewing experience is required.
- this particular course is also great for high school aged kids (between 12-18 years old) who want to start exploring the world of leathercraft or sewing.
Read our refund policy on Studio Workshops here.
Learn how to care for your leather bag here.