We understand your personal information is important to you and value your trust. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its Australian Privacy Principles (“Australian privacy law”).
Unless stated by you to the contrary, you acknowledge and consent to use or disclosure of your personal information (including your name, address, email address and other information) you provided to us in circumstances that are:
• Clearly explained to you at the time the information is collected from you; or
• Permitted under Australian privacy law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, certain, anonymous information may be automatically collected about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, information may be automatically collected about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
As noted above, Device Information is anonymous in nature. The ways in which Device Information may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
• “Cookies”, being data files placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
• “Log files” which track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
• “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Device Information may be used by us for statistical and analytical purposes to find out how the Site is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits or popular session times. We may use Device Information to improve the performance of the Site.
When you make, or attempt to make, a purchase of products or services through the Site, certain personal information will be collected from you, which may include any or all of your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and other payment methods), email address, and phone number. This information is referred to as “Order Information” and is required to be obtained by us to action your purchase and provide for delivery of products and services via the Site.
We may also collect information if you register your interest for a promotion or workshop via the Site. The information collected when registering your interest for a promotion or workshop may include any or all of your name and contact details, however the information collected depends on the relevant promotion or workshop. We refer to this information as “Promotional Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
• considering and assessing any service enquiry;
• providing you with assistance and support;
• better understanding your needs and how to improve our services;
• posting or contributing material on our Site;
• administering and managing our relationship with you;
• responding to your enquiries, concerns or complaints;
• billing purposes;
• complying with our legal obligations;
• electronic communications; and
• providing you with information about offers or promotions which may be of interest to you, it being noted you will at all times have the right to request your Personal Information not be used for further direct marketing in future.
For any of the above purposes, we may contact you by electronic or any other means.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes described above.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store for finished goods --you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, court order or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances otherwise permitted by Australian privacy legislation.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that our Site’s data collection and use practices are not altered when a Do Not Track signal is engaged on your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
Please note your information will be transferred outside Europe, including to Australia.
As noted above, you also have the opportunity to request that your Personal Information not be used for marketing and/or promotional activities conducted by us.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.