petit bay bag studio workshop
4 x classes Thursday evenings
July 4th, July 11th, July 18th, July 25th
join the waitlist and receive a complimentary Pisces Card Wallet [in your choice of colour] if you book once dates are released. register your interest above.
~ this workshop will proceed with a minimum of 4 students required to run the classes, and maximum of 8 students. if for any reason we need to cancel this workshop, your ticket will be 100% refunded or credited.
Make your own Petit Bay Bag [in your choice of colour] in our Brunswick based atelier where you will be guided through the steps by Simone in small class sizes. All materials and tools are provided.
This bag is made from Australian Bovine leather, sourced from Queensland tannery Packer Leather. Packer are a family business certified by Leather Working Group - which is an international body that certifies for safe working and environmental practices in the leather industry. That means that waste is disposed of safely and does not enter the country's waterways.
Read more on our leather here.
Simone believes that adding sentiment to products is what encourages people cherish them for longer, keeping things out of landfill and hopefully passed onto loved ones.
There's more to learn about sustainability in fashion and consuming leather products, all of which you'll hear about in the workshops.
Know someone who would love to learn leathercraft too? Order 2 x or more tickets and get 5% off for sharing the love. Discount applied automatically at the checkout.
We personalise your Petit Bay Bag with your name, or unique phrase to make it more unique to you. Your personalisation can be up to 12 characters long, and will be foil embossed in gold foil.
Use the text box on this page to let us know your personal message.
what you will learn
- The assembly process for the Petit Bay Bag.
- Saddle stitching (a super strong hand sewing technique using two-needles).
- How to sew in a zip.
- How to attach hidden magnets into a flap.
- Burnishing leather edges.
what you will get
- A personalised Petit Bay Bag, in your chosen colour that you made yourself!
- Details of the finished bag are here.
- The bag strap will be made for you and provided in the last class.
when & where
- all workshops take place in our Brunswick atelier
7-11 Dawson Street Brunswick, enter through Melbourne Artists' Supplies.
- this course will go over multiple sessions TBC
- please bring water bottles to stay hydrated and light refreshments in case you need throughout the day.
who this is for
- this workshop is designed for people with some experience in either leathercraft or hand sewing.
- people interested in sustainable fashion & bag making.
Read our refund policy on Studio Workshops here.
Learn how to care for your leather bag here.